Today seemed like a bad day so I'm listing all my complaints and then some things to be thankful for.
What went wrong
- The refrigerator is leaking on the floor. Still. It's been leaking for a couple of years now. One would think it would be all out of water.
- I bought the wrong part for my vacuum cleaner, so I wasted $15, I still can't clean the carpets, and I have to go buy another part. Plus a belt.
- The internet connection was really unreliable.
- It was so unreliable that I bought some data for my prepaid MiFi doodad. The data cost $90 for 10GB
- Some sort of stinging insect, like a bee, wasp, yellow jacket or hornet stung me. On my elbow. It really hurt.
Hmm. That list is much shorter than I thought.
Good stuff, including a helpful mapping to show the bright side of the aforementioned items
- I called an appliance repairman (Sirois and Son Nashua NH) that I trust. He'll do a good job and fix it. I have money and can pay him. Then the refrigerator won't leak any more.
- I called a local vacuum cleaner shop (Neverett's Sew & Vac) who ordered the right part, without requiring payment, and will call me when it arrives. I'll give him the part I can't use and he can help someone else.
- I chatted on line with the ISP. That didn't go well. The connection died during the chat and the representative was not especially helpful. However, I called their support line and spoke with a wonderful person who really took the time to help me. This did not solve the problem, but she submitted a ticket and if nothing else I believe she did a good job.
- I learned how to buy MB for my MiFi doodad. If I need it, I can use it tomorrow. And, I am glad that I bought it a few weeks ago.
- I'm not allergic to stinging insects. I was able to run away from the nest that I disturbed while gleefully pulling up plants. I only got stung once. And, it looks like I may have done a significant amount of damage to the nest. I don't take pleasure in causing animals to suffer, but at least I know they were justified in stinging me.
And of course, there's all the other stuff to be thankful for ...
- I'm pretty healthy
- I have a nice family
- We have what we need to take care of our family
- I live in NH, USA
- I have a great job
- I'm going CAMPING NEXT MONTH!
:: Next >>