This is a delightful recipe, with an entertaining name.
- Cooked chicken - about 1 cup
- Mixed vegetables - frozen - about 1 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Flour - 3 tablespoons
- Butter - 3 tablespoons
- Mashed potatoes - instant - prepared 3 or 4 servings
- Make a cream sauce or roux(?) with the milk, flour, and butter
- Add the chicken and vegetables into the cream sauce and put it in a casserole dish
- Put the mashed potatoes on top
- You might want to sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top
The reason it’s called ‘Wallpaper Paste’ - I used store-brand mashed potatoes and made them a tad too soupy. They sank into the other stuff and I ended up with a casserole that looked like wallpaper paste. It was good.
Quotes from the kids
No Mom, just No. I’m not eating it.
Gee whiz, Mom. I’m eating it, but only to be polite. This looks awful. Can I have dessert now?